I frequently have patients with the diagnosis of “irritible bowel syndrome” or IBS come to see me. Most of them tell me that they were not really given any type of dietary guidelines but were simply put on an antidepressant drug. However when I take a closer look at what’s really going on through the use of labs/MRT (see here), what I find is that there can be many different causes for the same diagnosis. Therefore how I treat each one of these folks will be different. For instance, we may find out that one person has a gluten intolerance and simply removing gluten from the diet produces amazing results. You could be reactive to even a so-called “healthy” blueberry! For others it could be something totally different such as the lack of healthy bacteria in the intestines due to a combination of antibiotic use, poor diet and stress –which can be remedied by the use of various types of strains and doses of high quality probiotics and a healthy meal plan customized just for that person. The point here is that one size does NOT fit all. If you are suffering from IBS, don’t just settle for “band-aid” medicine. Give my office a call and let me help you get to the root cause solution!517-290-6041.
- How about a Meatless Monday? Use tofu as a source protein in stir fry
- The Hidden Cause of Most Chronic Diseases
- New Year’s Resolution : Gluten-Free Diet and Weight
- Evidence-based Methodology Workshop on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- “I am not a lab rat!” ~ From some of the cutest kids we’ve ever seen.
- How about a Meatless Monday? Use tofu as a source protein in stir fry | Aarti Batavia on Vegan Green Thai Curry
- Food Allergies, Sensitivities or Intolerance; What’s on Your Plate? | Aarti Batavia on Mediators and Cytokines
- Beans, Peas and Potatoes | Aarti Batavia on Myrto’s Sweet Potato Patties
- Shenna Jensrud on Non Dairy Milk Alternatives
- aarti_batavia on Myrto’s Sweet Potato Patties